Leasing a mobile office can be a little confusing, even daunting task for those unfamiliar with the products available, leasing and set-up process. To ease your leasing concerns, ModSpace has developed this simple 10-step process so you can confidently get the right mobile office to suit your needs and budget.
1. Choose where you’ll put your trailer
- Don’t choose a site in front of a driveway or across a sidewalk.
- Measure carefully and write it down for reference.
2. Determine size by the number of workers you’ll house
- Rule of Thumb: 100-150 square feet per occupant
- 12’x60’ trailer = 720 square feet or up to 6 workers
3. Plan for meeting rooms, bathrooms and storage
- Subtract this total area when using the rule above.
4. Be exact in how long you need the trailer
- Lease duration has the single greatest impact on price.
5. Visit a local branch to inspect what you may rent
- There is no better way to confirm a trailer’s condition.
6. Don’t assume A/C and heating are included
- Larger, modern models usually include these features, whereas smaller and older models may not.
7. Ask about security features
- Some companies offer window bars, security screens or deadbolt locks.
- Some have models or accessories suited for high crime areas.
8. Think about accessories
- Do you need steps, decks or ramps? Ask to work them into your lease.
9. Recheck your measurements
- Measure it twice, sign it once.
10. Understand the terms before you sign
- Eliminate suprises by knowing your fees/charges before you sign.
- Two delivery charges – one for delivery to your site, one for pickup
- Possible other changes: sewer/electric hookup, blocking, leveling, skirting
- Know the number of days in your billing cycle.
- A 30-day cycle costs you less than a 28-day cycle.
Understanding the basics when leasing can save you time, money and ensure you get a quality mobile office that performs to the highest standards everyday.