The secret’s out; construction is going high-tech. From mobile apps that empower project managers to cloud-based collaboration tools to the widely used BIM, there’s no shortage of new technology for architects, engineers and construction professionals.
This increasing adoption of new technologies has spurned a bevy of both new and tenured tech firms to develop the next generation of intelligent tools for construction. Yesterday, the editors at Constructech.com released their list of the top 50 most influential construction technology providers. It’s a powerful statement about where construction is headed. Here’s a peek at the top 10.
- AboutTime Technologies, Payson, UT – Product: Mobile resource management
- Aconex, San Bruno, CA – Product: Online project collaboration
- Argos Systems, Bedford, MA – Product: Building information modeling (BIM)
- AT&T, Dallas, TX – Product: Digital communications network
- Autodesk, San Rafael, CA – Product: Building information modeling (BIM)
- Avid Ratings, Madison, WI – Product: Customer relationship management software
- B2W Software, Portsmouth, NH – Product: Project collaboration software
- Bentley Systems, Exton, PA – Product: Building information modeling (BIM)
- Bluebeam Software, Pasadena, CA – Product: PDF editing and collaboration software
- BuilderMT, Lakewood, CO – Product: Project management and collaboration software
To see the complete list of construction’s top tech firms visit Constructech.com.
What other construction technology firms do you think should be on the list?