For an industry that was slow to jump on the tech train, construction has come a long way in a short time. Building Information Modeling (BIM) is the new standard for design while large-scale projects are being managed from smartphones and tablets loaded with construction-specific apps. Meanwhile, new construction technologies and materials are advancing construction efficiencies, quality and sustainability.
Constructech recently announced its 2015 top 50 tech firms for construction. Here’s a peak at the list leaders:
- Aconex – Cloud-based project management tool and app
- Asite – Cloud-based solutions for BIM, big data, productivity, collaboration, etc.
- Assemble Systems – Cloud-based access to BIM data and AEC workflows
- Autodesk – Creators of Revit, the standard for BIM software
- Avid Ratings Co. – Online surveys, organizational strategies and employee training
- B2W Software Inc. – Construction project management software
- Bentley Systems – Infrastructure-focused software solutions
- BuilderTREND Solutions – Construction management software for home builders
- BuildTools Inc. – Construction management software for home builders.
- CG Visions – Construction technology consultants