With more than 1.5 million total apps available in the App Store, you are sure to find helpful tools to make for a more effective work week. However, finding the best app for you can also become quite the job, so we’ve done the research for you. Here are our suggestions for the best construction apps for 2016.
Instantly share complete construction plans with your project team from anywhere and with or without an internet connection. App users can also track revisions, share photos and reports, document progress, manage issues and RFIs in the field.
- Updated: 5/6/16
- New features: Improved annotations filters, new views in the “Team” and “Sheet Compare” sections
With a five star review, Photo Measures lets you draw and edit measurements directly on your own photos. Add text to photos, then save, organize and share images as PDFs and JPGs.
- Updated: 3/2/16
- New features: Improved support for 3D Touch devices
Coming in at four and a half stars, this construction management software will help you manage and organize your plans for any commercial project. Easily view your blueprints with the HD viewer with or without an internet connection and track issues while on the job. Receive new email alerts and share files without leaving the application.
- Updated: 4/24/16
- New features: Selective project synchronization
Manage all of your preconstruction data on the go using the SmartBidNet app. Search from your portfolio of subcontractors and bid projects on your own private database, document collaborations and send invitations to bid. You can also review subcontractor credentials before enlisting their services.
- Updated: 4/25/16
- New features: Create, modify and manage your companies
Easily collaborate all drawing and project design efforts on this mobile or desktop application. Allow project managers at any location to view, edit and share plans by syncing your team’s edited pages to every device on the project.
- Updated: 2/26/16
- New features: Increased size and number of plans that can be published, new sheet filter options and new calibration options
The team at Autodesk is keeping us up to date with their new app just released in February of 2016. Now you have unlimited storage for plan models and work-related documents. BIM 360 Docs includes tools for publishing, managing, reviewing and approving construction project plans from the earliest design through project completion.
- Updated: 5/6/16
- New features: Add comments, sync changes to the cloud and notify project users of issues and link directly from notification messages.
Manage your projects with the Procore app and instantly sync data to their web-based application. Use the app to organize contact directories, documents, photos, RFIs and many other project-related items. Create punch lists with photos or meeting notes to document specifics while out in the field.
- Updated: 4/26/16
- New features: Automatically log call information, create an observation from the inspections tool, show the reason an event was changed and commitments now show the value of the contract and change order.
As the only app for managing mobile offices leases, The Hub lets you schedule and track deliveries, request service, add equipment, request returns and plan your next project, all from your mobile device or desktop. Admittedly, we’re a little biased. But objectively speaking, The Hub is a time saver that can help keep things on track at the job site.
- Updated: 5/9/16
- New features: Everything