Winter has affected more regions than usual this year. With the temps dipping to single digits in many areas, keeping your office trailer warm and in good working condition is essential. Read on to see our tips for keeping office trailers operating at their peak through winter.
- Inspect your office trailer and the surrounding areas to ensure everything is in good working condition.
- Add skirting to your office trailer. Think of skirting as the basement to your office. Enclosing the area keeps the air underneath your building warmer and so the inside warmer too.
- Keep your heat on. Do not turn it off overnight and on weekends. Doing so in these cold winter months will take much longer to heat your office when you return in the morning.
- Keep windows and doors closed and latched to keep the cold out.
- Inspect the ceiling, windows and exterior for air and water leaks. Report any issues to your building provider immediately.
- Remove snow and ice in a timely manner from your steps and ramps to avoid slipping and tripping hazards. If necessary, restrict access to hazardous areas surrounding your building.
- Make sure plumbing connections and pipes are heat traced by a professional plumber. Plan to do this before working in your mobile office and check your pipes periodically in colder months.