Renting a mobile office trailer does not have to be a painful process. But for a first timer, understanding the process before you start can save valuable time and energy down the road. As you look to rent your first, or second, single-wide office trailer, here’s a look at the process that most reputable mobile office trailer providers will follow.
Gather Your Information
Here are a few things you’ll need to know before you request a quote. A good supplier will help you answer these questions if you don’t have the information handy.
- How long will you need the building?
- Where will the building be located?
- What will you be using the building for? For example, is it a sales office or a construction site office?
- What size building do you need?
- Do you need any special features or a specific floor plan?
- Do you need a restroom in your office? If so, do you have access to public water and sewer?
- Will your office trailer be accessible by the public? If so, you may be required to add ADA ramps for accessing the building.
- Do you need anchors for your office trailer? This will depend largely on location and intended use.
- Do you need anything else to make your building fully functional? This may include steps or ramps to enter the building, furniture and/or a portable toilet.
- Do you need insurance, or do you have your own? If you have your own, you’ll need to provide a Certificate of Insurance before your building is delivered.
- When does your building need to be ready to use?
Get a Quote
- Get an instant quote online, or call a mobile office provider to complete a quote over the phone.
- Whether you’re requesting a quote online or by phone, you’ll be asked the questions above to determine the cost of your mobile office rental.
- The quote should include the one-time delivery and set up fees in plus the monthly rental price for the building and any additional items, such as steps and furniture.
- Online quotes are displayed and available for download immediately.
- Quotes by phone are sent by email, usually within an hour of your call.
- Depending your provider, expect the quote to be valid for approximately 60 days.
Get Your Permits
- Permit requirements change from one municipality to the next. Contact your local city or township office to find out if permits are required. If so, get your application in ASAP as they can take time to process.
Accept Your Quote
- Sign and return your quote to your office trailer provider so they can get the prep and delivery process started.
- If you are working with ModSpace, you’ll also receive credentials to download and start using The Hub mobile app to manage your lease.
You have completed your office trailer rental. While your building is being prepped for delivery, here are a few articles and videos that will help you prepare for delivery.