To help you streamline your setup process and make your project productive from day one, here’s a simple construction site equipment checklist to consider each time you win a new project.
This is a big one. Your office in the field let’s your project management team keep things safe, on track and on budget.
Additional items to consider include:
- Steps – Steps with slip-resistant treads for workers to safely enter and exit the office.
- Ramps – Antiskid ramps ensure your office is accessible and meets project and code requirements.
- Furniture – Commercial-grade furniture makes a comfortable and productive work environment.
When your project does not have access to city sewer or water, portable sanitation may be required.
- Waste holding tanks
- Water tanks
- Portable toilets
- If your project is in a remote location or you expect delays in connecting to city power, one or more portable generators may fit the bill.
Safety & Security
Without a doubt, the most important things to consider on every project. Don’t scrimp or cut corners here.
- Safety railings and edge protection
- First aid kits and supplies
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Light towers
- Temporary fencing
- Traffic control barriers
- Fire extinguishers
- Temporary overhead protection
- Silica management program
- Material delivery and routes
- Security camera systems
Delivering on time requires having the right tool for the job on hand when and where you need it.
- Cranes/Hoisting equipment
- Buck hoists
- Equipment fuel
- Temporary heat equipment and Fuel
- Temporary cooling equipment
- Crane Radios
- Fans and pumps
- General trades (labor and minor tools)
- Miscellaneous small tools
- Company signs for fences, gates and mobile offices
Ineffective waste management can clog your pipeline and draw your project to a halt. Plan ahead to prevent this.
- Trash Chutes
Pro tip: Chose vendors that can supply multiple items. It cuts valuable time on the administrative side, plus you’ll only need to contact one or two vendors for changes, questions, etc.