Today, April 16, 2018, ModSpace announced plans to open a new facility in Tooele, Utah to expand its refurbishing and manufacturing capabilities in the United States. The new facility will allow ModSpace to better serve customers by leveraging existing manufacturing partners combined with end-to-end in-house design, manufacturing and installation capabilities.
As the name implies, anchors connect office trailers and large modular complexes to the ground to provide structural stability. Here are some simple guidelines to help you determine if you need anchors for your office trailer.
High Wind Areas
If your building is located in a region susceptible to high winds, such as the Gulf Coast or Midwest, you’ll need to anchor the trailer. Many coastal states require anchors. Ask your mobile office provider if your state requires [Read more…] about Do You Need Anchors for Your Office Trailer?
Renting a mobile office trailer does not have to be a painful process. But for a first timer, understanding the process before you start can save valuable time and energy down the road. As you look to rent your first, or second, single-wide office trailer, here’s a look at the process that most reputable mobile office trailer providers will follow.
Gather Your Information
Here are a few things you’ll need to know before you request a quote. A good supplier will help you answer these questions if you don’t have the information handy.
- How long will you need the building?
- Where will the building be located?
- What will you be using the building for? For example, is it a sales office or a construction site office?
- What size building do you need?
- Do you need any special features or a specific floor plan?
- Do you need a restroom in your office? If so, do you have access to public water and sewer?
- Will your office trailer be accessible by the public? If so, you may be required to add ADA ramps for accessing the building.
- Do you need anchors for your office trailer? This will depend largely on location and intended use.
- Do you need anything else to make your building fully functional? This may include steps or ramps to enter the building, furniture and/or a portable toilet.
- Do you need insurance, or do you have your own? If you have your own, you’ll need to provide a Certificate of Insurance before your building is delivered.
- When does your building need to be ready to use?
The New Year is fast approaching and economists and construction firms alike are looking forward to see what kind of opportunities 2018 will hold. The 2018 Construction Industry Outlook by Dodge Data and Analytics released this morning predicts builders will see moderate growth at just 3 percent over the previous year for a total of $765 billion.
The AIA agrees. Data crunchers at the American Institute of Architects compiled 2018 forecasts from Dodge, IHS, Moody’s and ConstructConnect, to name a few. Together, the industry experts are in consensus that non-residential construction will expand between 3.5 and 4.8 percent, depending on the specific construction segment, in the next year.
While conservative, the promise of another year of growth is still a welcomed change versus the massive decline and resulting recessing a decade ago. The complete report from Dodge can be found here.
As temperatures dip and the winter weather sets in, spending a few minutes to make sure your office trailer is ready for winter can help avoid service outages and project delays. Watch this short video to learn what you need to do to get your office trailer ready for winter.
End of lease charges for cleaning or damages are unplanned expenses that eat away at your bottom line. Fortunately, with a little planning and effort, these charges can be minimized, if not avoided altogether. To help you keep these fees to a minimum, watch this short video to see how to avoid cleaning and damage charges when renting an office trailer.