A crucial part of any job is to stay on, or under budget. Without proper research and planning, the spending can add up fast. To help keep your accounting team happy, here are a few ways to save money when renting an office trailer.
Before You Rent
Planning ahead can save you time and money when renting a mobile office. Some things to consider are:
- Lease local. Contact the nearest branch office when renting an office trailer to keep delivery charges down.
- Have a timeline. Accurately estimate the length of your lease, as best you can, as rates are lower for longer lease terms. Leasing month to month will be more expensive and should be avoided when possible.
- Research buildings. Familiarize yourself with the mobile offices available and order the best size and model for your project needs. Using ground-level units can save money. They don’t require blocking, leveling, anchoring or steps.
- Consider adding skirting to your trailer as it will save you money on heating costs in the winter and cooling in the summer.
- Plan ahead for the busy summer building season to make sure the mobile office you want is available when you need it. This can avoid you having to spend more on alternative plans.
- Be conscious of soft costs. Consider the money and time needed to source, assemble and return equipment from various suppliers. Choosing one provider can be a more cost-effective way to add furniture and other items to your lease, and will save you from cutting multiple checks and juggling multiple vendors.
- Properly calculate sanitation use. Forecast how many people will be using the bathroom in your office trailer on a daily basis. Otherwise you risk incurring expensive unplanned service calls.