Clark Construction and Mortenson Construction have teamed up to build the new Chase Center arena in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco. The two construction firms chose ModSpace to provide their on-site mobile offices. Here a ModSpace mobile office is lifted seven stories to a nearby rooftop where the project management office will reside for the next 28 months.
We all know that modular buildings are a great way to add temporary office space quickly. That’s why the Department of Defense recently chose ModSpace and the ModSpace HQ™ for a highly customized and flexible temporary building at an undisclosed location.
This ModSpace HQ™ observation tower allows high-ranking DOD officials to observe the construction of a multi-billion dollar government project. The durable and energy efficient modular units were modified to meet the DOD’s strict specifications. The stadium-grade tower will be used for the next two to five years. It features floor-to-ceiling windows, custom decking and security improvements.
The furniture you choose for your mobile office can have a tremendous impact on your quality of work, comfort on the job, client and vendor relationships and your bottom line. Here we’ll guide you through the key considerations and available choices, along with the benefits and drawbacks of each.
Top 4 Furniture Considerations
These questions will help you determine what type of furniture and how much is needed for your project.
- How many people will be in the office? Include those who will be in the mobile office on a daily basis, plus any frequent visitors.
- What will your office trailer be used for? A basic construction management office needs different furniture than a professional sales office. This also affects your space planning.
- How long will you be using the office trailer? Consider how comfort, convenience and functionality will affect your productivity. Basic folding tables and chairs may be the least costly option, but you’re likely to feel more tired and uncomfortable at the end of a long day.
- How do you want to represent your business? Will you be hosting clients, vendors, suppliers or no one at all? What do you want your temporary building to say about your brand?
The ModSpace Dispatch Team will be notified about your lease within one business day. A dispatcher will call you soon thereafter to introduce him or herself as your single point of contact regarding your delivery.
The dispatcher will also confirm:
- Delivery location, site specifics and special directions, if needed.
- Who we should ask for at your site and what is the best phone number to reach that person.
- Additional products and/or services you requested.
- Your email address so you can receive your invitation to download our mobile app, The Hub, which you can use to check on your delivery status.
We’re always looking for ways to give our customers even greater speed, certainty and simplicity every time they choose ModSpace. But to do this we need frequent, honest customer feedback regarding our products and services. We’ve been conducting traditional phone surveys for some time. Now we’re accelerating the process, and making it easier for customers to share their thoughts by using the Rate Us function on The Hub mobile app.
Rate Us lets ModSpace customers give quick feedback on our sales process, deliveries, products, service calls (when applicable) and building returns. Rate Us is faster and easier than traditional phone and online surveys because customers can do it on their time, with a few touches on their smartphone. In fact, it commonly takes less than a minute. When surveys are available, the number of available surveys appear over the Rate Us icon in The Hub. Surveys are available for 30 days.
The Hub mobile app and Rate Us function are available now for customers with lease start dates on or after May 9, 2016. Soon Rate Us will be available to all ModSpace customers.
Liberty Property Trust, one of the largest real estate developers in the Northeast, contracted ModSpace to quickly build a luxury hospitality suite where they could showcase their project in the Allentown, PA area.
ModSpace selected existing modular buildings from its large inventory to accelerate the timeline. The modular buildings were refurbished to like-new condition and customized to meet the developer’s needs. The finished 1792 square foot building features a large conference room with two 8’ by 5’ windows for viewing the project. Additional features include premium insulation and siding for four-season comfort, recessed LED lighting and wall-mounted video monitors throughout.