Clark Construction and Mortenson Construction have teamed up to build the new Chase Center arena in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco. The two construction firms chose ModSpace to provide their on-site mobile offices. Here a ModSpace mobile office is lifted seven stories to a nearby rooftop where the project management office will reside for the next 28 months.
The furniture you choose for your mobile office can have a tremendous impact on your quality of work, comfort on the job, client and vendor relationships and your bottom line. Here we’ll guide you through the key considerations and available choices, along with the benefits and drawbacks of each.
Top 4 Furniture Considerations
These questions will help you determine what type of furniture and how much is needed for your project.
- How many people will be in the office? Include those who will be in the mobile office on a daily basis, plus any frequent visitors.
- What will your office trailer be used for? A basic construction management office needs different furniture than a professional sales office. This also affects your space planning.
- How long will you be using the office trailer? Consider how comfort, convenience and functionality will affect your productivity. Basic folding tables and chairs may be the least costly option, but you’re likely to feel more tired and uncomfortable at the end of a long day.
- How do you want to represent your business? Will you be hosting clients, vendors, suppliers or no one at all? What do you want your temporary building to say about your brand?
As the name implies, anchors connect office trailers and large modular complexes to the ground to provide structural stability. Here are some simple guidelines to help you determine if you need anchors for your office trailer.
High Wind Areas
If your building is located in a region susceptible to high winds, such as the Gulf Coast or Midwest, you’ll need to anchor the trailer. Many coastal states require anchors. Ask your mobile office provider if your state requires [Read more…] about Do You Need Anchors for Your Office Trailer?
As temperatures dip and the winter weather sets in, spending a few minutes to make sure your office trailer is ready for winter can help avoid service outages and project delays. Watch this short video to learn what you need to do to get your office trailer ready for winter.
If you live in a region where temperatures may dip below freezing, it’s important to prep the plumbing system in your office trailer before it is left without power or returned. The process is commonly called winterizing, though it should be done year round for returns. Watch this short video to learn how to winterize your office trailer. As always, feel free to contact your local branch office or customer service with any questions.
The ModSpace Dispatch Team will be notified about your lease within one business day. A dispatcher will call you soon thereafter to introduce him or herself as your single point of contact regarding your delivery.
The dispatcher will also confirm:
- Delivery location, site specifics and special directions, if needed.
- Who we should ask for at your site and what is the best phone number to reach that person.
- Additional products and/or services you requested.
- Your email address so you can receive your invitation to download our mobile app, The Hub, which you can use to check on your delivery status.