ModSpace has two financial protection plans to insure your project. The plans can be easily added to your lease and payment is included in your monthly bill. Our claims process is simple and does not involve your insurance company. [Read more…] about How to Insure Your Project: Financial Protection Programs from ModSpace
Watch this 1-minute video to see how modular office complexes are easily used for setting up productive manufacturing, agricultural, mining and industrial sites. You can get everything you need to be productive on day one, from one vendor.
As summer heats up, construction and manufacturing projects do too. However, summertime is also prime time for employees to take vacations. Juggling your busy season at work with scheduling conflicts can be challenging, so take a look at our tips for keeping projects on track during the summer vacation season.
Begin conversations with your team about upcoming projects and the busy summer season before Memorial Day. Allow for them to make vacation plans accordingly. Also, plan to work around your team’s schedules and have necessary employees on the job throughout the season to keep projects on track. [Read more…] about Tips for Keeping Projects on Track During the Summer Vacation Season
A crucial part of any job is to stay on, or under budget. Without proper research and planning, the spending can add up fast. To help keep your accounting team happy, here are a few ways to save money when renting an office trailer.
Before You Rent
Planning ahead can save you time and money when renting a mobile office. Some things to consider are:
- Lease local. Contact the nearest branch office when renting an office trailer to keep delivery charges down.
- Have a timeline. Accurately estimate the length of your lease, as best you can, as rates are lower for longer lease terms. Leasing month to month will be more expensive and should be avoided when possible.
- Research buildings. Familiarize yourself with the mobile offices available and order the best size and model for your project needs. Using ground-level units can save money. They don’t require blocking, leveling, anchoring or steps.
- Consider adding skirting to your trailer as it will save you money on heating costs in the winter and cooling in the summer.
- Plan ahead for the busy summer building season to make sure the mobile office you want is available when you need it. This can avoid you having to spend more on alternative plans.
- Be conscious of soft costs. Consider the money and time needed to source, assemble and return equipment from various suppliers. Choosing one provider can be a more cost-effective way to add furniture and other items to your lease, and will save you from cutting multiple checks and juggling multiple vendors.
- Properly calculate sanitation use. Forecast how many people will be using the bathroom in your office trailer on a daily basis. Otherwise you risk incurring expensive unplanned service calls.
To help you streamline your setup process and make your project productive from day one, here’s a simple construction site equipment checklist to consider each time you win a new project.
This is a big one. Your office in the field let’s your project management team keep things safe, on track and on budget.
Additional items to consider include: [Read more…] about Construction Site Equipment Checklist
Stevens Institute of Technology needed a permanent, swing-space facility before beginning a major renovation to their academic center. Stevens needed the facility operational by the next semester to accommodate the faculty and students [Read more…] about Modular Construction Lets University Keep Teaching During Renovations